Code of Conduct
Updated: April 14th, 2023
This Code of Conduct applies to anything that Benty LLC (”Benty”, ”We”), its subsidiaries, and affiliates (“Classroom Mosaic”) make available, including Classroom Mosaic’s SaaS platform, websites, apps, community, and APIs (collectively, the “Services”) both online and off.
Some Classroom Mosaic services may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
Anyone who violates this Code of Conduct may be sanctioned or removed from these services at the discretion of Classroom Mosaic.
The community is built on mutual respect and trust.
We expect all users to treat each other with kindness, empathy, and understanding. Be mindful of others' feelings and avoid behaviors that may cause discomfort or harm. Remember that we are individuals with different backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences and that respectful communication is key to maintaining a positive and helpful environment.
Be Honest and Transparent
We ask that you do not participate anonymously or with a pseudonym.
We encourage our users to represent themselves genuinely to help foster open, honest, and educational discussions with various Classroom Mosaic users and partners.
No Confidential Information
Do not share confidential information.
While we want the Classroom Mosaic Community to be open and transparent, it is not an appropriate forum for sharing confidential information about your school, staff, or students.
Not a Marketing Channel
We encourage active participation from everyone, including our partners.
However, please do not use the Classroom Mosaic services or community for the blatant promotion of products or services.
Zero Tolerance for Harassment
Classroom Mosaic is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone.
We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact, simulated physical contact, or textual descriptions without consent or after a request to stop.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Threats of violence.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- A pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
If you notice someone not meeting the Code of Conduct, or if you are being harassed by a member of the Classroom Mosaic community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Community Team.
We will respond as soon as we can. In some cases we may not respond. In order to protect our team and volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of the Classroom Mosaic community members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If you violate the Code of Conduct or encourage, allow or assist others to do anything to violate the Code of Conduct, we will take any necessary action to protect Classroom Mosaic, our users, and third parties.
Our actions may include:
- quarantining or deleting data stored on the Services;
- removing any of your content;
- suspending your use or access to the Services;
- and, where applicable, legal action.
You will not be entitled to any credit or other compensation for any interruption of the Services caused by your violation of the Code of Conduct.